The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

More tools in the workshop

How DO they do that??
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

More tools in the workshop

Post by wixwacing »

For those of us who scratchbuild, it sometimes can be quite irksome sourcing tools and bits for the workbench, especially on Sundays. Whilst in the process of working on my next model I ran out of the Dremel cut off discs. They come in a short tube of 36 and are normally priced at about $20.00 I shot off down to Bunning’s and headed for the Dremel cabinet. There on the top of the cabinet were what looked to be some marked down old stock?? On closer examination it turned out to be a cutting kit. Complete with a selection of discs of varying thicknesses and a mandrel to hold them in the tool. And searching round I found the price......$21.63...... for 68 discs!!

Even though I couldn't win at slotcars yesterday..... I had a win at Bunning’s today

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: More tools in the workshop

Post by yankfaraway »

Hey Phil, can you give the item # that is cut off the photo? It looks like it starts with 68...

Thanks.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: More tools in the workshop

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob,

The number is 688-01

Are you not getting the full width pictures on your monitor Rob :?: , What resolution are you running.

If anyone reading this or any article is having their pictures cut off on the right hand side, could you please contact me with your monitor resolution detailsl

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!