The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Q32 Jan '10 meeting

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Q32 Jan '10 meeting

Post by wixwacing »

In the begining there was the 'word'...... and the word is this.....

Happy New Year to you all. Q32 will be kick starting the 2010 race year at Paul and Jens home at Mt Ommaney. The date set is Saturday 23rd January with practice starting at 2pm for a 4pm race start. Paul has asked if anyone who would and could arrive before this time to help dusk off and clean the track before hand that would be greatly appreciated. The pool is now a goer to cool off in afterwards with budgie smugglers and mankini’s optional.

Classes for the 2010 opener are:

NC1/8 Tourers

Slot-It Group C. The Ferrari 312PB and Alfa 33/3 will also be allowed to run seeing as a few guys may have these cars and not a Group C car and there is really no other class for them anyway. We will allow them to run and see how they go. Points will stand but like other “suck it and sees” if they prove too fast then their inclusion for future events will be unlikely. Until other cars to run them in their own class is forth coming I just thought this may be a way of allowing them to run.

Le Mans/Classic Sports cars (1960 – 1973)

Any questions about class you know what to do. Paul mentioned that if you wanted to run a Kyosho Mini Z to bring it along for after race social driving. Pizzas will be served but BYO drinks. Hope to see you there.

Perro

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: Q32 Jan '10 meeting

Post by Cyph »

A random thought, but the entire problem with the Slot.it Alfa 33/3 and Ferrari 375 is simply the fact they have the V12/3 and so are out of the motor class of the others?

Surprised nobody has suggested putting a SIMX12 (19.5k rpm @ 12v) motor in the things?

Like I said, it's a random thought! Does add extra cost to the whole thing though, so yeah :|

The times you wish every track had adjustable voltage for each lane, then you can simply just fine-tune each car to achieve parity!
The Racer Administrator