The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Marcos Ambrose and the Glen

1:1 Racing Discussion - Hillclimbs, Race Events, etc.
ddyke
Pitcrew

Marcos Ambrose and the Glen

Post by ddyke »

What a gem of a guy and a great driver. Hardcore Americans love the down under guy. He is a man's driver like Boris Said. Not a sissy who is always crying. He extracts the absolute maximum from what he has.
Scrappy Dan
When I'm not eating food or sleeping, I'm down in the basement, wrecking slot cars!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Marcos Ambrose and the Glen

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Dan

I think his upbringing in our V eights has shaped him a bit, driving huge powerful NASCAR style cars on touring car circuits has prepared him for his current success I'm sure.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
ddyke
Pitcrew

Post by ddyke »

He finished third on an oval last weekend.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Post by Deslotted »

I think We all espected him to do really well on the road courses. With two nationwide wins at watkins glen and good finishes at montreal (despite being torpedoed by Robbie Gordon) in nationwide nascar, and 2nd at the Glen in the Cup race.
But I dont think that anybody saw the top tens coming on the Ovals so quick, it all seems like a black art what with different cars for the Various types of Oval.
But 4th at at Superspeedway like Talladega, and good finishes at a short track like Bristol (3rd) just shows how diverse he has become in such a short space of time, especially when You realise some of these blokes have decades of oval racing under them. Mark Martin for instance just clocked up his 1000th start,
This weekend he's having a Crack at Grand Am and last week he was having a run on the Dirt in a Late Model - 800+ hp on Dirt!!!!!!!!!!!
See Here http://www.marcosambrose.com.au/adventures.asp
ddyke
Pitcrew

Post by ddyke »

He is leading right now at Montreal. I root for Boris, Marcos, and Papis on the road courses.

Hope you guys are getting this race.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Post by Deslotted »

Got up at 5.30 amand watched it before I had to leave for work. Race went nearly 4 hours and Marcus dominated until last corner on the last lap and then fell of the road and finished 2nd.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

HI
I saw it on the channel 1 replays, he was not a happy chappy to say the least. Not a good time or place to make a forced error!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!