The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Excellent service

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Excellent service

Post by wixwacing »

I recently was caught on the horns of a dilemma when what appeared to be a simple task became more complicated. I was looking for a model for one of the local race classes (Classic Le Mans) And decided on the Slot.it GT40 as a candidate. The class calls for motors up to 18,000 rpm @ 12v so a motor change was going to be required as slot.it don't make an 18,000 motor!! I could have opted for a Scaley model but I was looking for something a little different as the class automatically attracts Scaley cars, so a motor swap was required. I bought the model, a green GT40, from one of the leading international suppliers, and on its arrival in sunny Queensland, I took it from its box and proceeded to strip it for the motor change. I always have half a dozen Scaley motors handy 'just in case'.

But what is this?? the motor pod in the model was for can end drive set ups??!! Not sure of what was up I went onto the Slot.it web site and checked things out. Sure enough, Slot.it have opted for the can end drive in their Sidewinder motor pods? A further check showed there was an end bell drive pod available for the GT40 and this should do the job. I hunted the internet and found several stores that used to have it but apparently it has been discontinued! Eventually I found a store, not that far away, who had a couple in stock, and for a reasonable price; which takes me to the crux of the story.

I contacted the store; 'The Slotrace shop' in NZ and sure enough he had a couple. I only wanted the one so to maximise my postage I went through my spares and topped up the items, making a small but useful order. After a couple of blunders on my behalf, the items were paid for and on their way. This was less than a week ago, and the parcel arrived last Wednesday! Not only was everything there, it arrived in good time and was well packed. On top of the spares ordered I received stickers and a Slot.it hard copy catalogue!!

I'd like to thank Slotrace shop in Napier for a very comfortable and speedy transaction and recommend that if you are looking for spares or even Slotcars, you might like to check out their comprehensive website at :http://www.slotraceshop.co.nz/ I'm sure like me you won't be disappointed. Don't forget, their prices are in $NZ. If you order on line, you may need to pay by credit/debit card..... and contact them for a competitive postal charge.

Slotrace shop

The irony is that I have the Slot.it red GT40 issued a couple of years back, and, it has the pod in it I was looking for. No matter, you can never have too many Slot.it motor pods!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!