Peter Cullen Trophy

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Peter Cullen Trophy

Post by wixwacing »

Peter Cullen Trophy

G'day all,

I can confirm the Peter Cullen Tophy is set to be run this year. The venue is the same at the RED TEAM's home ground at Garry and Robbins, at Alex Hills. The race is for Scalextric GP cars from the late seventies and are the ones with the Small Johnson motor. Please note, with the exception of MJK tyres, the models will be run as standard as possible, this means no added weight! Models include the Williams and Brabhams, Tyrell, BRM, McLaren and Ferrari 312's to mention a few.

Race day will be Sunday November the 16th, Arrive from 12.00 noon with racing to start at 2.00 pm. There should be enough time for a support race before and after the event which we will pick on the day. For more details contact me, See you there!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Peter Cullen Trophy

Post by wixwacing »

I am still getting inquiries as to which cars qualify. Below is a picture of the underside of a Tyrell 001 showing the motor we are using. After that there is a link to a site showing the models (open wheelers only) that qualify, although we are allowing models from previous years with the correct motor.

My money would be on either a Brabham or a Williams to win altough I will be racing an old Tyrell. Please note, no extra or added weight AT ALL, this would be counter to what Peter and friends were racing about. If you don't have a model and want to come for the fun, there will be spare models available although they may not be fully race prepared. (Braids, tyres etc)

There will be a small entry fee to cover expenses and the presentation of the trophy. The Shield will be kept by the winner for a year after which they will get a permanent trophy in place of it to keep. So, this coming Sunday, please email me at pwix@yahoo.com or pm me for the address as it is not good practice to post it here.

Peter Cullen Trophy qualifying models

Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

So Phil who won afterall. I know its been a while since it was run but we never got the results. And what was the dominant car after the dust had settled?
Buzzard
Telemetry

Post by Buzzard »

Perro wrote:So Phil who won afterall. I know its been a while since it was run but we never got the results. And what was the dominant car after the dust had settled?
And Phil,
Can we please have some piccies...... :lol: . top side and under neath.... :oops:
Cheers
Kev.

I don't suffer from senility.
I enjoy every minute.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

G'day guys

Paul won the trophy and was the only outsider to turn up! Because of the poor turnout I decided it wasn't a newsworthy item and have scrapped it.

paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Howdy

Just a quick note , I was supprised at the lack of turn out for the event also. I would like to here from other sloters because last year had a few new partisipants and I know there where a few guys preparing cars for this years event .

Whether it was a clash of dates or family commitments , for some reason it was a no show by the hopefulls . Which was a shame !
I must confess to everyone that Gary was a wonderfull host for the evening , with a bar-b-Q dinner and a couple of glasses of red to wash it down being a highlight . The competition was tense ( I like it like that ) and a few frayed nerves followed ,
but at the end of the night I new before too long I would be back to enjoy more racing with the ' UNACCEPTABLE FACE OF SLOTCAR RACING ' . Unacceptable , mmmmm , I need to know more !

I will say one thing though , I would rather read an article about a race night that had only a few contestants than a story of a spilled box of tyres . Common Phil , you know we all love your editorials regardless of the turnout .

Hopfully the rest of you guys who took the time to prepare cars can put in a bit of effort next year and make a show .

Regards
Paul
Go hard or Go home
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

If I wasn't working Paul I would have been thereto battle it out with you but alas dear old work had me in her grips and afterall it is her that pays for my slotting habit. Besides I don't think the boys could handle 2 blow ins taking all the spoils.