The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

All this Carp in your mail outs Phil!!!

Local racing fixtures and results
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: All this Carp in your mail outs Phil!!!

Post by Cyph »

It appears I'm missing the fun already....
The Racer Administrator
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob (Gayblade)

I know you're a bit of a country boy at heart, imagine sitting alone at the slotcar campfire, the flames have died out but the odd ember sparks from the ashes?? Then all is dark,

Good to hear from you again, I must make a serious attempt to get up the ranges again, I know I keep promising, Say G'day to Jake for me.

Phil

And Rob (Cyph), Where have you been!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

wixwacing wrote:And Rob (Cyph), Where have you been!!
Last time I checked, Tasmania.

All my stuff arrived yesterday, so all my slot cars have been unpacked and they made the journey with no hassles, it appears I'll have to try racing with the Launceston group and see what it's like.

Tell me Phil, what do you know about having a routed track outside under a carport? It appears to be the only solution, but I will have to winch it up/down from the roof of the carport as my car lives under it.
The Racer Administrator
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

Hey Rob (cyph), I have seen some amazing tracks that sucked up into people's ceilings. Would you like me to get you the links to how they did it, or have you seen them, too?

Rob (yank)
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

G'day

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Guys

Can I suggest that someone somewhere has picked up the wrong end of the hammer!!?? We must read posts carefully before we reply.

And Cyph

My suggestion would be to make sure the track board is sealed on BOTH sides to minimise warpage and distortion due to ambient conditions. The top gets a coat of paint as usual but the underside needs a sealing coat of some sort too. Also, at every workout it would be important to use some sort of braid conditioner as this will help to minimise oxidisation of the conductors.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

After further research it was impractical using the carport space, so it appears I'm back to square one.

For the time being I had to take apart the single board frame and mdf sheet I had, so I'll figure something out at some point. I might have to put my plans of having a track on hold for a while yet.
The Racer Administrator