The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Slotcar of the year

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Slotcar of the year

Post by wixwacing »

I will be putting up a poll at the end of the month for you guys to vote for your Slotcar of the Year on the lead up to Xmas. As with other polls I will pin this thread while you guys throw some ideas about. and I'll start the ball rolling.The criteria should be finish , reliability and performance.

My car of the year (to date) would have to be the Sloter Lola T260

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Slotcar of the year

Post by Perro »

Sorry Phil but as much as I think the Sloter is a very good car I would assume the main criteria for SCOTY is a 2009 release and the Sloter was released at least 2 years ago. One car that comes to mind is the Fly Ferrari 250LM which was released just before Fly went under. Another is once again a Fly release and that is the Grand Am Flyer Riley. Give me a moment or 2 to come up with a final definitive answer though.
reel55
Engine Tech

Post by reel55 »

"My car of the year (to date) would have to be the Sloter Lola T260"
Nice car - but many troubles with wheels not being consentric or hubs drilled not on centre
Pirro- u are confusing the sloter 290 released 2 years ago with this 260 just being released now

One car that i would consider Best car would be the SCX Alitalia livered Fiat 131
The Fly Sunred looks good(got -it ) as well and if u were luckly enought to get a Scaley Goldleaf F1 (i was not -missed it by that much)
Slot-it mazda(s) will probably steal the show though !

Verne reel55
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

I had in mind to say something on the order of, "I'll be the only one who thinks so, but..." but someone already said it. My vote surprisingly, is the Fly Sunred. I was amazed by the quality, detail, and out of the box performance. I have always enjoyed the Fly cars, but accepted that there would always be some things I would fix as soon as I got them. This car was perfect. All I did was lubricate and it turned lap after lap of times that rivaled my best Scaleys and older, modified Flys.

I'm sure the award will go to something by Racer or Ninco, but I refuse to buy them until they cut their respective prices in half. They are both gougers and I will not tolerate it any longer without speaking my mind on them. At least Racer has beautiful scale and paint work as well as a quality chassis to sell. Ninco quality has never been as good as Scalextric to my eye, but they overcharge on everything- cars, parts, track and accessories. Now they want to create an oddball scale to make the gouging extra effective. Good grief.
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Pirro- u are confusing the sloter 290 released 2 years ago with this 260 just being released now
Verne I am pretty certain that Phil's reference is the same car that he tested a while ago and has been tagged in the side menu of this site, the pale blue one with a white and silver stripe. It happens to be the same car he set a lap record with at Paul's track on Saturday night which happens to be the Sloter Lola T290. The only manufacturer to produce a Lola T260 to date has been Vanquish.

Perro
Last edited by Perro on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reel55
Engine Tech

Post by reel55 »

http://www.euromodelimports.com/cgi-bin ... 1229389561
Go to the lola in the pic and click
Pirro
I think Phil was thinking of this lola it is a t298- this is the one with problem wheels
and it is a new release

Verne reel55
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Go to the lola in the pic and click
Pirro
I think Phil was thinking of this lola it is a t298
Virne that is indeed a Lola T298 but it is produced by Power Slot and as Phil has said
My car of the year (to date) would have to be the Sloter Lola T260
it ain't no Sloter.

Perro
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

Apart from seeing a number of puns that could easily be made given we are the Slotcar Outhouse, and our old logo used to be an outdoor toilet, where we could run our own Awards of 2009 and give out funny awards like "The Slotty for "car that should have been flushed" goes to"....

We need more guidelines.

Does it have to be a car released this year? Do new liveries count as being 'this year', and are thus eligible??

My vote is for the Daytona Prototypes from Sideways/Racer. Released 2009 - January in fact.

However, this is only because the Slot.it Mazda 787B has not been released yet in Australia.

-- Rob
The Racer Administrator
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

OK Guys, lets do a Bert Newton* on this and do a 20 to 1 of the best slotcars of the decade!! 1999 to 2009. never let it be said the Outhouse wasn't game! What I will do is give a general user name and password and to save having 1,000,000 posts running to a thousand pages, just log on using the passkey and add your choice (as many as you think) to the list. About November I will put the poll up and everyone will have,say, five preferential votes. That will give us a bit more of a true picture of peoples thoughts! Anyone anything to add to that? Now, get back to your collections and think hard!

* Bert Newton.
For the benefit of our overseas viewers (and locals who have lived in a cave for the last thirty five years)"Bert Newton" is an aging onetime Aussie chat show host who has decended to the ranks of obscure TV show presenter.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
reel55
Engine Tech

Post by reel55 »

Best sloty(s) in the last ten years sounds good to me
appologys to misspelling your name PERRO- it was not intentional

Verne reel55
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

No problems at all Verne.

Regards,

Perro
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

Pirro is the valid New Zealand pronunciation.

ey pirro? :P

From 99 to 09 Slotcars of the year hey. This'll be good!!! :)
The Racer Administrator
Gayblade
Pitcrew

Post by Gayblade »

G'day Phil,

I'd hesitate to put the little Sloter Lola 290 in as slot car of the year....

....They have been out awhile now, I managed to collect all of them early on (along with the Ferrari 312 releases including white race versions of both).

I found them mediocre at best (remember I run mag only on Sport, slipped Ninco 1500GM cylinder mags into the ones we use, and yes I do know that they supplied at least one of the Lolas with a magnet ex-factory).

They did offer some brilliant liveries though, nice tampo, thats probably what I like about the series the most...
Cheers,

Rob....

GAYBLADE GETS SOFT!