The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Scalextric Pro Performance kits.

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Scalextric Pro Performance kits.

Post by wixwacing »

With the Chevy and the Aston Martin Pro Performance kits already available I went in search of what else might be happening. In the pipeline as a Pro Performer is the Aston Martin LMP and the Audi R8 LMS. So what is so special?

The models comes as a plain white kit but in the kit comes a selection of goodies which allow you to cusom build the model to your local track design. After all, you don't want some blisteringly quick pocket rocket for a local technical circuit and neither do you want a slow coach for the local hobby shops mega speedway. This kit allows you at one purchase to custom build and change if necessary, the model to match the track. So what do we get to do this?

In the Audi alone there are over forty separate bits to help you set you model up, these include:

The body
        The Chassis
        Four endurance hubs and tyres
        12 body screws
        Two ball race rear axle bearings
        Five pinion gears
        Five Spur gears
        Five axles
        One SP motor @ 20,000 rpm
        One SP motor @ 25,000 rpm
        One SP motor @ 30,0000 rpm
        One guide and braids
The motors alone are worth $60.00 locally and there is an opportunity to finish the model in a fantasy liver, or race it bare naked white. The question is..... will one of these make an appearance in the dreaded and much feared 'Wixwacing' silver and yellow livery ? Mmmmmmmmmmm?

The good news is that Clive at Scalexworld has the DB9 and the Chevy in stock and at $68.00 . You'd need a good excuse NOT to buy one!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!