The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Welcome to the new Slotcar Outhouse

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Welcome to the new Slotcar Outhouse

Post by wixwacing »

I would like to welcome all visitors new and old to Slotcar Outhouse. It is an on going labour of love and it will take me many hours still to restore it as I want but with the help of good friends I will achieve it. Hopefully there will be a little something for everyone who visits. My aim is to remove the myth attached to many aspects of the hobby and tell it, unemotionally, "like it is" and in doing so help everyone to move forward in their racing and their collecting.

Everyone is welcome to post in the general topic areas and I look forward to renewing old acquaintances and making new friends. I will give you the benefits of my racing successes and the secret labours of my model making. I will endeavour to be honest and unbiased in my approach to the hobby and all I ask is that you join me in its captivating allure.

wixwacing

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
frank9129
Spectator

Welcome back

Post by frank9129 »

There is no need to kill the fatted calf when we have chassis that need chopping. I will make those axel stubs yet.
Thank you for returning to us.
Frank
Crab Ally Speedway
Annapolis, MD
attic_racer
Spectator

Post by attic_racer »

Hooray! The Outhouse is back! And like any outhouse the first order of business (after digging the hole) is to fill it with reading material...

Glad to have the SCX reviews back. It is only a matter of time before the 'new' outhouse is even better than the 'old' outhouse.

Now I'm off to read a few technical/tuning articles.

Thanks Rob (and any others behind the scenes) for digging in and making the new slotcar outhouse a reality.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

The outhuse

Post by wixwacing »

Thanks for returning guys, you are most definitely ranked amongst the faithful and your reward will be in slotcar heaven.

I have allowed replies to some of the reviews and features this time round . So if you feel inclined, go for it!!<center>

Gayblade
Pitcrew

Yahoo!

Post by Gayblade »

Great to see that you guys got the Outhouse up and running again Phil!

I know there were a lot of blokes on HRW that were missing your input into our wonderful little hobby :)

I'm looking forward to seeing some great stuff on here again mate....
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

G'day

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob

There's still a world of stuff to be done but the enjoyment is in you guys feedback,

I'm looking forward to some of those legendary Rob Wessling reviews

ps, did you manage to get the old ones off Jakey's computer??<center>

Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

I think it could end up confusing if there is a second Rob on this forum.

*ducks*
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

Actually, I think there's three now!

Rob in Virginia, USA
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Well guys,

I reckon if your name is Rob then from experiences to date you are worth your own body weight in Slot.It tyres!!<center>

yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

One day, I'll send you a photo of my immensitude. You can't understand how funny that comment is! I weigh 360 pounds.

Rob3
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Welcome to the new Slotcar Outhouse

Post by wixwacing »

I think the board has settled down nicely and it's good to see it isn't cluttered and difficult to navigate like 90% of others. I did have thoughts on page graphics and other stuff similar to the old board but Rob (Cyph) convinced me it wasn't good. As it turned out he was right and there is a feeling of maturity about it in its current form.

I'd like to thank Rob on behalf of all of us for being instrumental in constructing the new board, without whom I was completely lost and was on the verge of walking away from it. Many thanks Rob and I look forward to seeing you at the odd race day.

Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

No problem Phil, glad I could be of some assistance in getting the website back up and running.

Whilst I'm mostly out of the slot car side of things now, I know that it's community which keeps groups together, and thought it would be pretty much vital that the Outhouse was kept around.

I think I'll show up at Bobs for a litle bit tomorrow, just going to be down at the workshop for a few hours in the morning/afternoon looking at what I've messed up in the rear end of the Silvia. Damn cars.

Still got some cars for sale, haha.
The Racer Administrator
Buzzard
Telemetry

Post by Buzzard »

Hi Cyph,

Why don't you put what you still have for sale in the "Car Boot" and let us all have a even chance to get some of your flyers ?

I am still smarting over the ones I missed because of other commitments at Eggys. :cry: ...

I hope your little Silvia"s rear end gets better soon.. :wink:
Cheers
Kev.

I don't suffer from senility.
I enjoy every minute.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Post by Deslotted »

Joy of Joys, the outhouse is alive and kicking.
Hi everyone,
I was messing about on the net and thought i'd google a bit to see if there were any remnants of the old outhouse left.
Like the phoenix, there it was, the all new outhouse arising from the ashes of last years debacle when it seemed all was lost.
Good job Phil.
Since the old outhouse folded I have left the Perth Metro Area and moved to York which is wheat and sheep country about 100 k sth east of Perth, theres not too much slotcar action out here (awesome motor museum however) and the track got pulled down when I moved and I'm still wondering what to do about it with limited space in the new place. In the meantime I have bought myself a Triumph Thruxton to amuse myself (Rob will understand)
Anyway. Excellelent effort from all concerned getting it all up and running again. It seems that it's all stronger than ever with lots of contributors.
All the best, Ted.
Last edited by Deslotted on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Welcome back Ted,

I had emailed just about everyone when we got going again but maybe you have a new email address, who knows. No Matter, good to have you back and I suspect when you've settled in you'll be back on line with us.