The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Nice one Mr Ninco

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Nice one Mr Ninco

Post by wixwacing »

The Ninco resurgance to regain the coveted RTR Slotcar crown gains momentum and the new Acura will certainly earn it a few more brownie points! As hoped for, this must surely be one of the best models for LMP in its motor group. The BMW was undisputed champ in the 18,000rpm/12volt class in our circles and if we cant get this to better it then I'll hang up my MJK's!!

This is a BIG model, by that I mean long, in line with the Porsches and Audis of recent times. And I still cant decide what the tyres are made of, neither fish nor fowl (in rubber terms, of course). Anyhow, probably one of their best finished models to date!! Watch out for the review.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Nice one Mr Ninco

Post by kenneth »

Phil
Ninco has equipped some of it recent cars like some Lexus, certain 997s and the light weight Leyjun Mosler with a new tyre called Laprene.
Ninco do net yet have them available as a spare part.
They are not Urethane , it's synthetic with similar properties to rubber, has low elasticity, and good wear properties.
Laprene is commonly found on power tool handles, fridge seals, bathtub mats & other things where temperature and chemical resistance is important.
here is a link
http://www.softerspa.com/eng_prodotti_tpe_laprene.htm
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche