News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Had one of these at work

Post by wixwacing »

Had one of these at work the other day

Which was nice!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Had one of these at work

Post by kenneth »

Now that i have stopped drooling after seeing that beautiful car, i can add some info on model.
Of course its a Porsche 356 - but this is ( if am correct in my research of my minimal Porsche library)
a 356 A - this model was introduced in 1955 - earlier models known as Gmund Coupes `48-50, then actual `Pre A models `50-55 (made of steel not aluminium) with a higher waistline to the Gmund Coupes after the move to Stuttgart.
The car Phil so lovingly pictured (thank you very much - which is nice) is a 1957+ 356 A T2 .
What `gives this model away` or its T2 designation is its shine up numberplate lights, exhaust thru the overiders, teardrop rear lenses.
These cars came with a few engines over the period which included 1300, 1300S , also available was a race derived four cam engine 1500 GS Carrera and a 1600 S, 58-59 saw the 1600 GS Carrera introduced. with 105BHP & weighing 835Kg`s.
I love all Porsches but an old 356 is just the best model they ever made, maybe not the fastest but definetly the most beautiful.
Thanks heaps Phil for the pics.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche