The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

The planning begins - Underwood Hills Raceway

News and Discussion
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

The planning begins - Underwood Hills Raceway

Post by Cyph »

Those of you who were at the Eggdome will be aware of this, I've decided to get back into slot cars at full swing, with all my gained experience, knowledge, skills, and generally gained shenanigans.. So I'm building a track, collecting cars again, etc.

I was going to replicate a little routed track that was available to Q32 a while back at Wellington Point, however, after some soul searching and discussions with housemates (my brother and one of his mates, hah!), and some measuring up of the garage etc... I found out I could fit in a 3600 x 1200 track!!! Might even be able to fit in a track that is a little bit longer, however, that remains to be seen, gotta get rid of all the tyres, the cupboards, and then I can break out the measuring tape. If I can get it longer, I will. It's easy enough to extend the table frame on the design.

So here is the plan for the table frame, at the very least..

Basic dimensions in mm are, 3600mm x 900mm for the base table frame, with a 3600mm x 300mm extension on the side to give me 3600mm x 1200mm, and also provide an easy bit of room to do the track wiring, and provide a bit of space to tuck the nose of the car underneath it (from ground to underneath of the extension is 690mm).

Here is a picture:

Blue bits are where castor wheels will be. There will be 8 of them, 2 of them lockable, enabling me come race day, to rotate it around in the garage, get it away from the wall etc. Is it possible to over design a table??? The two end sections between the legs will be cupboard/shelving space. I'm getting rid of storage in the garage to do this, I need to introduce storage space again. Middle section will be power/computer/etc for the track.

Will be planning out the track on some a3 grid paper I bought. Allows me to work on a larger scale, at least. Expect a good design.

The tracks on the southside of town are certainly coming back!
The Racer Administrator
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: The planning begins - Underwood Hills Raceway

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob

The track looked good on the computer on Saturday night, now's the time for some working bees!! Give me a yell when I'm back

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!