The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

New from MJK

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

New from MJK

Post by wixwacing »

I had a very pleasurable evening on Tuesday night in the company of fellow slot addicts who share the passion. What’s new about that I hear you say, well, nothing, except the distinguished guests were non other than Ian Goodland and son Daniel.

Those that follow the news will know who they are, but for the rest, Ian is a co founder of the MJK slotcar company, renown primarily for their tyres but also long-time chassis and kit makers. In the early days the kits were vac formed models of local products. These have continued and their latest body is the Monaro. But more importantly, for hard body racers, Ian and co have produced the FJ and EH sedans.

Fj's and EH's

Not being one to rest on their laurels, they are now researching several other locally relevant bodies with some already in the prototype stage. The plan is to make models of classic local cars which share a similar ‘footprint’ and in doing so, make a series of models which should be closely matched side by side on the track. But, my lips are sealed and the only model I will be divulging for now is the Valiant type S

'S' series Valiant

The model shown was brought along by Ian to the home of the Red Team in company with local hobbyists Peter and Liam Zimmerman. The model is the first impression to be moulded! Having been done only days before. Inspite of the fact that Ian and the boys will spend a little time fettling the moulds to bring us a great model, it is very good as the first impression!!

The Valiant is a classic piece of Aussie motorcraft with its roots in the US and many a ‘baby boomer’ will smile fondly at its memory. Ian and MJK are about to faithfully reproduce this model for those who want to relive their lost youth and for those who just want a good piece of local slotcar action.

Daniel’s GT3

Apart from the model. Ian brought us up to speed with some of his other latest stuff. One special is the new MJK tyre for the FRONT! of the V8’s. This is a low profile tyre which helps you get the model’s guide deep into the slot without having to spend ages sanding the s to size. Also, the new FJ tyres have a varied application and will augment the SCX rally tyres on a host of models.

Daniels Nissan

Ian’s son Daniel has become an avid slotter and as well as helping Ian ‘down the shed’ he has taken to doing graphics and decals on some newly acquired equipment. He has been experimenting with some of his recently made models and things are looking very promising. I have listed below a couple of Daniel’s scratchbuilds which carry his own artwork and printing. Well done Dan, I’ll have to send you some art work for my latest projects!!

All in all a good evening and a pleasure to see Ian and Daniel once again. It confirms the need for me to catch up with them and their local racing groups the next time I’m down in Adelaide !

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: New from MJK

Post by Cyph »

They should make a mould off that Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, because it'd sell plenty...
The Racer Administrator
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

I had no idea you folks had Valiants. Did they have the same Slant Six engine that ours did? And the push button transmission selection?

Rob
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

The val looks great.

Will they do the CHARGER. I know somewhere there is one, but i cant seem to remember where. Must be the egg nog.

Regards

Egg
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob, The Valiant as it was commonly called here(The name Chrysler was seldom used and the dealers were known as Valiant dealers, not to be confused with Chrysler which were fully imported models!)Was one of the mainstays of the post war Aussie large car market and was built here. If you click the link below it will give you an insight to the variations that the Aussies had. As you will also note. Our Valiants (and Fords for that matter) were always three or four years behind in model type. Even the 1950's Holden (GM) FJ was a revamp of the older GM designs of the forties.

Unique cars and parts

The Series S isn't in production yet but should be soon. If anyone wants one, direct your inquiries to

MJK Engineering

John, I am sworn to secrecy!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!