The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Rules!! I'll give you RULES

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Rules!! I'll give you RULES

Post by wixwacing »

I had a bit of time between paint drying and glue setting so I somehow got diverted to some strange and wonderful slotcar sites.

Not that anyone has complained yet about the ‘Legends’ guidelines, but I have been reading an interesting perspective on what people endure in the hobby in other disciplines. It makes the ‘Legends’ guidelines look like a recipe for pancakes!!

The following are just a few excerpts from one of the international slotracing organisations and believe me when I say ‘you wouldn’t be there for quids!!’ I can just see Q32 / Legends racers reactions to some of this.

...(a) RACERS - At sprint races there is one racer per car and one car per racer.

...(b) ON TIRE CHANGING - At races endurance races one tire change is obligatory. Omitting the tire change will be penalised.

...(b) SCRUTINIZING follows once all cars are in. Non regular cars have never longer than 15 minutes to be corrected so that they meet the technical rules. Cars not back after 15 minutes are out for the race.

- ...The 8 best performing racers at the heats go to Quarter A, the 8 last among the 32 to Quarter D, with Quarter D as first of the four 8 x 3' Quarters. The 8 best racers after the Quarters make the move to the 8 x 4' Semis where they'll meet the top-8 racers. Composition of Semi A is 1-4-5-8-1stQ-4thQ-5thQ-8thQ. Composition of Semi B is 2-3-6-7-2ndQ-3rdQ-6thQ-7thQ. The eight racers having realised most laps at the Semis move to the 8 x 5' Main Final.

Huhhh???

...At **** races all entrants will always receive one or two t-shirts with the racer's name and with his national flag on the front side. Those shirts are obligatory at all races of the **** Nats. This shirts are given for free. Racers have to keep this shirts until the end of the prize giving ceremonial. ATTENTION - ATTENTION - ATTENTION - Racers found without at the prize giving will be struck out from all results! Except if allowed by the race direction, showing at the prize giving with someone else's t-shirt will be sanctioned in the same way.

...Putting a car on a wrong lane costs at least 5 laps. Should it be obvious that the error was intentioned the marshal is excluded. The race director has always the right to replace a too slow marshal by someone else.

...Eliminated racers at the Consis are always classified behind eliminated racers at the Quarters. Racers eliminated at the Quarters are always ranked behind racers doing the Semis. Eliminated racers at the Semis are always classified behind racers having done the Main. However, all disqualified racers and ALL racers having been enforced to retire (due to technical problems or black flag) are always classified behind ALL racers having been not disqualified and having finished the race.

...On the same sanctions as sub art. 5.1.b the race direction may hear at model car races from the racers no other words than "Double!", "Under the bridge", "My car on ..." at too slow marshalling, or "Track!" on track call. Yelling and shouting are strictly forbidden!

But then again, replacing the marshall??? Mmmmmmmmm. Where did I put those Legends guidelines!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Rules!! I'll give you RULES

Post by kenneth »

:?: :?: :?:
Doesn`t sound like much fun to me.
Geeez I hope i wear the right T-shirt to the next round - i might get black flagged!!!
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: Rules!! I'll give you RULES

Post by yankfaraway »

Ahhhh. The unspecified Double Salanctum rule. Signified by the unauthorized Falartin, brazenly displayed with T-shirt contrabanding. Civilized society must be protected from these miscreants! What would happen if people didn't wear the right t-shirts, I ask you? Chaos! Mass hysteria!

Actually, we tried to tighten up our rules once. We decided that all cars had to have drivers and numbers on them. After a couple of weeks of turmoil, we decided to drop the issue. I didn't even get to bring out the car I covered with numbers before the issue flopped. I also made a '32 hot rod coupe with right-hand drive and a monkey for a driver but nobody cared about that.