The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Global economy? Scalextric to the rescue!

News and Discussion
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Global economy? Scalextric to the rescue!

Post by yankfaraway »

wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Global economy? Scalextric to the rescue!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob

I can see the headlines now,

Slotracers save Wall street. AND they're eco friendly!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: Global economy? Scalextric to the rescue!

Post by yankfaraway »

I have been looking at it again, and I am still astounded (gobsmacked?), by the variety and the quantity of offerings that are coming. I'm beginning to wonder about the strata that will be hurt most by all this financial bad news. Scaley seems to think that the middle incomes (most of us), will have money to spend.

The UPS delivery guy for my route (I live out of town in an older agricultural area of Virginia), says that he is buried in work, and there are more people working overtime at his "hub" than ever before, as well as more people working. If the Christmas shopping season was such a bust, who is sending all these packages? I wonder if the shops that complained that they didn't make any money this Christmas held hugely discounted sale promotions following Christmas and people took great advantage of that, simply sending Christmas presents late this year.

Other manufacturers are announcing their new lines, too, but they either have raised their prices or shortened their offering lists. Scaley and Slot.it are the only ones I've seen who seem to have not noticed the global economic hoohah that's going on.