The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Are you okay?

News and Discussion
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Are you okay?

Post by yankfaraway »

I am under the impression that most of you are in NSW, but I don't know that for a fact. My friends in Victoria are too close to the fires for comfort. One is in Kinglake, the others are all in and around Melbourne. Are you all northwest of the fires and safe?

Rob
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Are you okay?

Post by wixwacing »

Many thanks for your concern Rob. We are fortunate to be about 1200 km north in Queensland but sadly the events feel as though they are at our front door and everybody I know in Queensland and I'm sure throughout Australia have contributed to the appeals. A sad day when nature demonstrates its might in this way, we can now only help the survivors rebuild their lives.

The Red Team had a fund raising evening of their own last Friday with all proceeds going to the Red Cross appeal. Many thanks to Garry for organising it.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: Are you okay?

Post by yankfaraway »

On behalf of my friends (now homeless, but alright), thanks to those who have been so kind as to have events to help out. My other friends in Melbourne (Greenville?), have taken them in for now, and there is a buzz of emails back and forth between all of them and my wife. It will be a while until they are back online at home, I fear. They are luckier than many folks where they live, and they are planning to rebuild as soon as they get home (they built their own house).

Actually, you helped with something I had wondered about. My friends used to go to Torquay to meet with family members from all over at a particular beach they all knew. I had always thought, because they had many relatives in England, that they were talking about the sleepy little coastal town there. Looking at Queensland on the map, I found Torquay, Queensland and it made a lot more sense. That's a long time in the air for a short vacation! I should have known. I lived in London, Ontario, Canada as a child-- across Richmond St. from Thames Park, no less.