A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Mt. Ommaney Circuit Name

News and Discussion
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Mt. Ommaney Circuit Name

Post by paulthetexan »

Howdy

As some of you know Phil has been over to install the program and the start of my timing system on the track , which sort of means things are starting to get seriously ready for a debut race night .

The only problem I have is one last issue that desperatley needs solving . My track does'nt have a name ! Phil dubbed it Mt. Ommaney Circuit , probably because he was feeling creative over x-mas , but now its time to move on .

Already I know I'm going to regret this but .................. Any Suggestions ?

So far it has a corner called Ken's Bush and a tyre wall named after The Egg . What a commentators delight . Lookout , Goonboys slipped thru Kens Bush and finished in the Egg's ???????????????????? I definatley need to get out more !

Anyway so far I have 'Texas Squeeze' unless something better or funnier comes along .

For those that don't know , paulthetexan came about when a friend ( and I use the term loosly ) asked me what I wanted to be known as for an Ebay handle .While I was umming and arring he jumped on the knowledge that I was born in Texas Qld. and before I new it I had become PaultheTexan . Some things should just be kept a secret .

Anyway , load me up boys . The winner gets a carton of beer !

Regards to all
Paul
Go hard or Go home
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: Mt. Ommaney Circuit Name

Post by Cyph »

Why the hell do I recall visiting Texas State School at some point. I seem to remember driving there for work.

CNCRoutedBecauseICouldntDoItMyself Circuit - bit long and difficult to thank the sponsors for after winning a race, probably not good. :D (and this one is entirely in jest!)

Oh Man Hey Raceway - might be a slight play on the Ommaney bit, but... I think this could prove highly popular, as it rhymes. Also, if this wins, please donate the beer to the inaugural debut club racing night.

Someone else will have something I'm sure.
The Racer Administrator
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

I know these will sound familiar tou you mate .
The first ones that popped into my mind were Tin Pan Raceway (Alley if you will) and and Texas Flood Raceway and i just thought of another Cold Shot Circuit!!
Yeah i know i should`ve kept them to myself :P
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
Buzzard
Telemetry

Post by Buzzard »

Hi Guys,

Paul, how about "The Corral", where better to put your horses..... :roll: :lol:
Cheers
Kev.

I don't suffer from senility.
I enjoy every minute.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Something our North American readers would appreciate!!

Lone Star Raceway!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

Needs an extra r Phil, for Lone Starr Raceway, for all those Spaceballs fans out there... but only if theres a Schwartz corner.

You could always just call it The Ranch.

"We're racing at The Ranch this weekend gentlemen. Bring beer, nachos, and corn chips"
The Racer Administrator
slots
Spectator

Post by slots »

Can you show a pic of the track? Sometimes quite inspiring. Even just a track plan.
Old racers race harder
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Howdy Slots

Phil has put an article about the track in the Feature section of this forum .

Have a look at Mt. Ommaney in Features . Unfortunatley I don't know how to insert photo's yet

Paul
Go hard or Go home
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Paul, Paul, Paul

I've got it!!!!!

How about.............................................................................

CHAINSAW PARK!!!!

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!