The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Jiada Wallop 1/32 Set - funny name, good track.

News and Discussion
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Jiada Wallop 1/32 Set - funny name, good track.

Post by Deslotted »

I was recently having a bit of a rummage through that Auction Site (starts with E) recently and spotted an auction from an online store and found a Jiada Wallop 1/32 Slot car Set that I managed to get for a measly 55 bucks plus 19 bucks postage. Brand New and unopened, they had a few there.

Now I've already got slotcars and sets coming out of My ears but this was a BIG set at over 10 Metres and looked similar to SCX or Scalex classic and at a grand total of 74 dollars delivered I couldn't resist having a look..

The set arrived fom NSW to WA in a matter of days and I opened it up for a look. Here are a couple of observations.

1. TRACK.
The track is the Best thing about this set. Looks very similar to SCX and Classic but, It is harder plastic like scaley sport, has a smoother finish like sport and best of all has a deeper slot than Classic, about on par with sport for depth maybe a little deeper. Still hooks up to SCX and classic easily enough, and onto sport with a couple of scaley adaptor tracks. 10meters of deep slotted track for 55 bucks, great. A bonus was the 2 bridges (also every corner had a SCX type border and Fences) not that interesting for most of the old hands but a lot more than you get with alot of starter sets.

2. POWER & CONTROL.
The terminal track was similar to standard SCX as were the controllers with no brakes and transformer but at 12 volts instead of 14
all ok for kids and beginners but I shall be using a sport terminal track uprated transformers and probably ninco hand controllers and later on Parmas. Most old hands would probably do the same

3. CARS.
2 x formula 1 cars that were knock offs of older SCX Mclaren and Arrows. Weird and wonderful sponser stickers and what appeared to be an overgrown S can (it was about the same accross as a S but longer) in appearance like a F can but overall much bigger, No steering system but a solid front axle. These are Not going to win any scale awards but a bit more solid than our usual fare and great to give to the novices instead of letting them loose with Your flys or Slot its. But really still not something I would buy for myself on it's own.

4. MY OPINION.
I bought this set on a whim, but I will be using the track for my next permanent layout with upgrades to Power and Control. As apart from the end connectors it is similar in every way to Sport track and was well worth the $ for that alone. However This would be a great set for kids as it is. As long as they have the room, as this is enormous for a starter set. All my cars ran really well on this and there was no clattering from those with deep guides. A nice cheap way to get a reasonable deep slot track. This set is probably designed with kids in mind hence the cars and contollers but the track is something that was a real surprise.
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Jiada Wallop 1/32 Set - funny name, good track.

Post by kenneth »

An Unlicensed manufacturer who copied SCX track and unlicensed cars and has little support from retailers who value their reputation.

In Europe, SCX (Tecnitoys) has won ) an injunction to prevent them from selling their products because of copyright theft.
Last edited by kenneth on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Jiada Wallop 1/32 Set - funny name, good track.

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Ted

A local friend and Red Team member has a couple of the Formula ones and although first impressions of the cars are poor, if you change the rear wheels and tyres for Scalextric or SCX they actually go quite well!! We even got one airborn on the yump in the back straight of the Alex hills circuit. Mmmmmmm!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!