The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Where's the money going???

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Where's the money going???

Post by wixwacing »

Someone tell me, where's the money going?? What do I mean?? Not too sure but here goes.

Because I have some shares it goes without saying that I keep an eye on the market. As well as shares there are things like the gold rate, price of oil and lastly international exchange rates. Now, If the exchange rates between the Aussie dollar and other major currencies has shifted that much that much and the parity between say the US dollar, the Euro, the Pound and the Xuan are still fairly comparable, I want to know where the savings made due to the drop in price of imports went to? If the Aussie$ is buying more US$, UK pounds and Chinese Xuan then surely imported slotcars should likewise be cheaper??!! The relative small rise in US and UK prices show models themselves haven't gone up that much. So, I will say again, if slotcar imports are cheaper, who isn't passing the savings on?? The importers or the retailers?? They do themselves a disservice because as it becomes cheaper to buy from the UK and the US, I would shop there on priciple. Market forces will dictate that a drop in local sales will level the market again.

Use it or loose it I here you say!? I don't mind if the gougers fall by the wayside, and market forces also dictate there will always be someone ready and willing to pick up the ball if someone else happens to drop it?.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Where's the money going???

Post by kenneth »

Exactly Phil - where are our cheaper slotcars??
In the past 3-4 mths i have purchased about 22 cars from the UK - 7 last week alone all for the price of about $300 delivered, thats an average of $43 a car, in that bunch were mostly FLY , SLOT It & racers brand Sideways. The Xmas stocking is gonna be full of great cars this year.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: Where's the money going???

Post by yankfaraway »

Interesting. Given today's exchange rate, you are getting the cars on average $6US cheaper than we are in the States. I will say we are seeing more sales and special pricing on existing stock. On dealer is selling slot.its three at a time for $99US